Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7 of New Year New You




Well it's been one week!  I hope each of you are diligently following along.  I am having fun setting up the daily challenges. MY apologies for the late post... Today is my birthday and I was out last night with some friends.  :)

My Day 6: Got in my plyometric exercises and put an apple in my salad!  I wasn't able to invest in my workout yesterday... But there is ALWAYS today.

Here we go with Day 7:

Fitness:
Surprise its your day off.  Yeah!  Everyone needs a day off from work and so does your body. ENJOY, there are no physical moments you have to perform today.

Now if you weren't able to complete one of the other days fitness challenge and you want to get it in today, be my guest.  I am keeping it leisurely today.

Food: 
Go GREEN today!  Make today about adding more green veggies to your diet try:

  • Collards Greens
  • Kale
  • Broccoli
  • Asparagus
  • Spinach
Green leafy veggies are full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.  Grab a freshly made glass from your local juice bar, make your own at home.  Steam them for lunch or dinner or  stop by a local raw food restaurant like: Quintessence in Manhattan. 

Self Growth:
Take advantage of your day off! Restore your body with one of of the following: 
  • Massage
  • Sauna or Stem Room Treatment
If getting to a spa is too late notice for today, bring the Spa to you!  Prepare a hot bath with the following: 
  • Candles to set the ambiance
  • Epsom Salt
  • Drop in some Lavender oil (if available to you)
  • Bubbles are always nice too
Afterwards give your body a nice self rub with some lotion or baby oil.   Take your time and move with the muscles, long strokes. 

Enjoy!  I think I see a Spa Treatment in my near future :) 

Until tomorrow

Taj 

photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alicehenneman/5849718391/sizes/s/in/photostream/


No comments:

Post a Comment