Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11 of New Year New You



Welcome to Hump Day Wednesday!  I swear I was just typing out Monday's blog like five minutes ago.   Well here we go with another day of fun together.

My Day 10:  Today was a great day! I taught some of my favorite people at Crunch John St and Union Sq.  Taught my 1st ZUMBA class, it was AWESOME.  Can't wait to get back next week.  If you are available join me next Tuesday at 90 John St - 1245 PM.  Not a Crunch member? Be my GUEST - just let me know you want to come.  Got in my BLT workout for sure and enjoyed my Self Growth moment.  :) It really feels good writing for all of you everyday!

Now its time for Day 11:

Fitness:
Well we've had an Abdominal day and yesterday was BLT.  I think its time for a little upper body workout. Show me your GUNS!

Do this workout to help sculpt and tone your biceps tomorrow.

  • Alternating Hammer Curls with 10-15 LB dumbbells perform to failure  Rest 1 min - Repeat 2x
  • Body Bar or Barbell Biceps Curls.  Using the heaviest body bar in the gym or at least a 20 LB Barbell perform Biceps Curls to failure.  Rest 1 min - Repeat 2x
  • Concentrated Biceps Curls.  Using 10-15 LB dumbbells perform to failure.  Rest 1 min - Repeat 2x
Food:
Make today a Protein and Veggie day!  You heard right, do your best to have a no Carb day.  It might seem hard but you can do it.  Here are some examples for you to try: 
  • Egg White Omelette - add onions, spinach, mushrooms whatever you like
  • Burgers - Grilled Chicken no buns  
  • How about this Mexican Collard Green Wrap
  • Salad always works
  • Steam some Veggies for Dinner
  • Try the Peanut Butter Protein Shake from yesterday
Be sure to come back and let me know how your day went. 

Self Growth:
We have been giving to ourselves for the past 10 days, its time for some Heartfelt Acts.   Here are 4 ways to strengthen your connection with others.  

GIVE- Donating money to a charity is just one way to give but why not donate your time where possible.  How about volunteering to pick up a friends kid from school.  Or offer to babysit so they can go out or to the gym.  Think about donating your expertise or services to a cause.  How about volunteering with an organization such as NY Cares

LISTEN- Take time to really listen to another person be it a friend, a co-worker or stranger.  Everyone loves to be heard and you never know what you might learn by listening.   

INCLUDE- Think of ways to make someone else feel included or welcome today.  Is there a new employee at your job?  I am sure you remember your first day.  Ask him or her to grab a coffee with you.  Say hello to an unfamiliar face in your yoga or spin class etc. 

FEED- Invite a friend to dinner.  What about helping out at a local food bank or shelter.  It's flu season, I know I would love to receive a pot of soup from a friend if I was sick. 

Until tomorrow!

Taj

photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/qthomasbower/3470650293/sizes/s/in/photostream/





No comments:

Post a Comment