Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16 of New Year New You



Well People we are turning the corner of our Challenge together!  How are you feeling?  Enjoying the journey?  I surely hope so because I am enjoying writing it!

My Day 15: Had a full day of work again 8 AM to 6 PM.  I didn't get to make soup but my Husband surprised me with an amazing Butternut Squash soup for dinner when I arrived home. :)  It was a pleasant quite tasty and really nice to be served.  

Time for Day 16:

Fitness: 
Its Monday, time to start the week off right.  Today is ADD on day!  Yes I want you to add on 15 to your existing workout. For example if you plan on taking a 45 minute Spin class today, add an additional 15 minutes by getting there early or staying a little later.  If using the spin room on your own is not an option hop on one of the stationary bikes in the gym.

Taking a weight lifting class use the 15 lb dumbbells or add 15 minutes on to your workout.
Do an extra 15 reps.  The objective is to just add on!  See below for how many calories 15 minutes of activity burn off:

  • Aerobic Dance - 171
  • Bicycling at 15 mph - 177
  • Boxing - 165
  • Circuit Weight Training - 189
  • Jumping Rope - 143 
  • Running 10 minute mile - 183

Food:
Make today a no white FLOUR day.  Do your best to have no processed food.  I know its winter and we usually crave comfort food but it's only for ONE day!  Take a stand and see how you do!

Self Growth:
Being Thankful!  Its all about thanking someone who has been influential in your life.  Call him/her up and express your thanks.  Mention him/her on Facebook.  Just express how you appreciate having them in your life!  Send a card, flowers or do some other nice gesture.

I guarantee you will make a difference in their lives this time.  :)

Until Tomorrow,

Taj




photo:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehutch/2051184078/sizes/s/in/photostream/



No comments:

Post a Comment