Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28 of New Year New You



Whew, we made it to the weekend baby, Enjoy!  I am starting the day with my last long run before the race on Feb 12th in St Petersburg FL.  :)  Trust me I'd rather be sleeping in but a girls got to do what a girls got to do.  And I have two ladies from my run group joining me so I have to be up and adam at 8am!

However don't let my fitness activities make you feel lazy... its Saturday enjoy the day, you have my permission -  Be Lazy!

Here we go Day 28:

Fitness:
Unlike me you should be RESTING!  Yup is time for a day off.  But you probably figured out that was coming.  You can't workout 7 days a week and expect your body to love and respond to you in kind.  My day off is tomorrow. Yours is TODAY so take advantage of it.

Food: 
Feeling like a lil Brunch because you took my advice and slept in?  Well if you don't have a waffle iron to make your own Belgian waffles?  You can opt for 2 honey sweetened waffles made by Van's in your toaster.   Only 180 calories and .5g of saturated fat!  I'll take it!  Or you can stop by Jamba Juice and pick up Belgian waffle there only 310 calories and one is equal to TWO toaster size.   Add an coffee or tea and enjoy, guilt free!

PS. If you like waffles... go grab a waffle iron from bed bath and beyond... I have a great recipe I'd like to share with you.

Self Growth:
Be kind to yourself!  Do something today to reflect on kindness for your body and all it's hard work, like:

  • Taking the day off from exercise
  • Getting a massage
  • Taking a hot bath
  • Going Shopping for a new outfit
  • Signing up for a PT sessions
  • Lying on the couch and watching TV

I don't care what you do, just make sure you are doing something today with YOU in mind.  Its a Love Yourself Day!

Until tomorrow,


Taj

photo:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhaithaca/357480376/sizes/s/in/photostream/

No comments:

Post a Comment