Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14 of New Year New You



Happy Saturday everyone!  If your here in the NY area, stay warm!  Its is definitely winter! Today is loaded with things for to enjoy this wonderful winter day.

First my day 13:  Well there were no disaster or creepy events for me on this Friday the 13th.  I ran 10 miles indoors - ugh!  Thank goodness for TV on the treadmill and NCIS getting me through.  Why 10 miles you ask?  I am running the St Petersburg FL half marathon on Feb 12, have to keep my miles up.  So I didn't pick up breakfast, yeah I'm jealous of you who have.  I did pick up some stuff for this new Crock Pot recipe I plan to try for Sunday.  If all goes well I will be sharing it with you too. :)  Gave myself a nice 20 minute stretch after my run and this weeks classes really focused on my low back, hips and hamstrings.  Going out to dinner with friends for a post birthday celebration so saving my TREAT for then. :0)

Now on to Day 14:

Fitness:
This weather isn't very motivating for hitting the gym especially on a Saturday, therefore I want you to ENJOY your day off!  Sleep in, hopefully its like 10 AM and your are just reading this.  Let your body rest and restore itself after all your activities this week.  If you normally go to the gym on Saturday don't let guilt get the best of you.  Rest is Best today and here are a few reminders of the benefits you shall receive:

  • Emotional - Mental - Physical Energy
Need I say more! 



Food:
Hopefully you made it to the store to make the Cornflake Crusted Banana Stuffed French Toast I posted yesterday.  And I really would like to hear how it came out, so please leave a comment.

If you weren't able to get the ingredients for the recipe, never fear you still need breakfast so make what your heart desires today.
  • Veggie Omelette
  • Pancakes
  • Waffles 
  • Salmon Cakes and Grits
You name it, go for it and enjoy breakfast maybe even in your PJ's! 

Self Growth: 
Today is a good day to clean out and organize a kitchen cabinet!  Its amazing how time flies by and expiration dates creep up on you.  Pick one cabinet and get to it.  

Getting rid of old stuff always makes me feel good and creates space for the new. Besides you are probably enjoying being inside today make the most of it.  I wonder how many of you will get the bug and hit more then one?  Don't be competitive one is all you have to do today.  

Enjoy the day, 

Until Tomorrow, 

Taj 


photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sararah/2424005668/

No comments:

Post a Comment