Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9 of New Year New You



9 Days and Counting :)  I want to say how proud I am of your dedication.

My Day 8:  After two nights of celebrating my birthday, somehow I managed to push through a 7 mile run in 1 hour 4 mins.  Made enough dinner for leftovers... :) And lunch for me and the hubby!  Getting to bed early reflecting and relaxing was what I looked forward to all day!  AAHH, to rest the mind and the body just in time for our Monday restart!

Here we go Day 9:

Fitness:
Its Monday so it time to kick start our day with some exercise.  I am posting this early so hopefully you read it before you get to work.  Here are some suggestions:
  • Have A.M. Sex - its stimulating and burns Calories
  • Do 10-20 minutes of Sun Salutations to get the blood flowing
  • Pop in a Workout DVD that's been sitting on the shelf and move your body
  • Maybe use the Wii or Kinect System - Dance Party anyone?
  • Do some abdominal crunches and/or push ups
Today is about starting with Fitness and Movement on the top of your mind, as you walk into work all warmed up.... Smile, because no one but you knows what option you choose!

Food:
Hopefully you are enjoying your leftovers, I know I will be.
For those who didn't have time to cook yesterday here are some tips you can keep in mind when you go out for lunch.

Did you know that KFC yes Kentucky Fried Chicken's Individual size Mac n Cheese is only 160 Calories and 2.5 grams of Saturated Fat.  I can't speak on the taste BUT if you are in a bind add a piece of grilled chicken to this side and enjoy.

Going for a Salad today? Squeeze a Lemon and/or Orange over your salad at the dressing instead of the  usual go to Sesame Ginger or Ranch Dressing.  Adding Mandarin Oranges to the salad can substitute if you don't have a fresh lemon or orange to squeeze.

Eating at the Company cafeteria:  Make today a No Carb lunch!  Grab more fruits and veggies to give you a natural boast.  If you get the munchies grab some energy mix from Day 5.


Self Growth: 
Pick up the phone and SURPRISE a friend with a call.  Pick someone whom you haven't seen or spoken to in awhile.  With so much at our fingertips we have lost connection to some of those who have been very near and dear to our hearts.  Today is a good day to bridge the gap between you and them.  I bet he/she is thinking about you too.


Making this call well fill both your hearts with love, smiles and good energy, reminding each of you just why you are in each other lives.  There is no better time then the present to catch up your goings on! So stop what your doing and pick up the phone.

I know exactly who I am going to call and I bet she is going to be very surprised!
Feel free to share your experience with us.

Until Tomorrow!

Taj

photo:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourstuarts/3347522358/sizes/s/in/photostream/









No comments:

Post a Comment