Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 of New Year New You



Jeez Louise is it COLD in New York.  Do you think I can click my ruby red heels three times and wish myself back to Puerto Rico?  If it would work I'd be back in heartbeat.  Wishful thinking, its time to get back to work and back to my students.  I miss them just as much as I miss working them out.

My Day 4: Since we were traveling back home I wasn't able to try a new class today... BUT I will make it up this week.  Made 2 substitutions:  had two servings of veggies and maple syrup for sugar.

Here we go Day 5: 

Fitness: 
Its Push Up time....  So Drop Down and give me 20!

Yeah I'm not kidding you read correctly today is push up day.  Now I realize some of you can do 20 push ups in your sleep so I challenge you to do 20 slow count push up. Count 1, 2, 3 down and 1, 2, 3 back up.

You can always do these in intervals, the ultimate goal is to accomplish 20 pushups.
If you are feeling energetic and ready for more do an additional set.  Enjoy!

Food:
This cold weather is beckoning me back home to my bed.  How about you?
When its cold outside our energy levels have a tendency to drop.  Break out some spices to bring you warmth as well as flavor and health benefits like energy.

Stop by the store today and pick up the following to prepare a Spicy Energy Mix you can take to work.  It will keep you satisfied during the afternoon lull and boost your energy.
  • 1 ounce pumpkin seeds
  • 1 ounce pitted chopped dates
  • 1/2 ounce dried mango or another fruit of choice
  • 1 ounce almonds
  • 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon or cayenne pepper for those who like it spicy. 
Mix together and enjoy

If you can't pick up the above items, try having a yogurt during the day.  Its good the digestion and has vitamin B-12 important for metabolism and helps to give you a bit of energy. 

    Self Growth: 
    Book a date with YOURSELF!  Crack open your planner, hit the calendar app on your phone or tablet.  Look over the next 25 days and RESERVE a 1 DAY just for YOU!  


      This day you be all about YOU!  You could work out, read, go the movies.  Hit the bookstore and check out the new best sellers list. Go shopping at the vintage market you heard about, go to a dance studio or museum.  Whatever you choose its all about creating me time.  

      There is no better way to recharge yourself then by taking care of you.  DO NOT skip your date or let something cut into your time.  Stick to the plan and do you.  

        I'd love to hear what some of you have chosen to do for Me Time!  

        Until tomorrow!

        Taj 

        photo:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/siva0215/3528423770/

        No comments:

        Post a Comment