Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 13 of New Year New You



Ok people its Friday and yes its Friday the 13th, but don't let that freak you out or throw you off track.
You've come so far and have been doing so good!  :)

My Day 12:  Well it was a rainy day but I made the best of it.  Got in my walk home from work today.  I didn't leave early enough to do it on the way in.  No elevators for me either :)  Powered up with Black Beans at Lunch.  I have to work this weekend from 8-5 both Saturday and Sunday, so no spa day for me this weekend.... However I WILL be making that up before the month is out.

Now it's time for Day 13:

Fitness:
Make today a flexibility day.  Take a Yoga class or a stretch class at the gym.  Do some Yoga at home or just sit down and do some stretches.  You've been working hard this week, Friday is a nice day to let the body wind down.  Maybe find a Restorative Yoga class in the area to take.

Whatever you do make it a TAKE IT EASY DAY!

Here are a few of my favorites to do at home:

Food:
I have been waiting to share this recipe with you.  Mainly because I want to try it myself.  Since tomorrow is Saturday go to the store today and plan to make a super fun breakfast for you and the family, or on Sunday.  If you didn't  get a change to FEED someone from Day 11 why not invite a friend over to share it with you.  See I told you it's never to late. 

Cornflake - Crusted Banana Stuffed French Toast

1 Cup Cornflake crumbs
1 tbsp toasted sliced almonds
1/2 cup egg whites or egg substitute
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
1/4 cup mashed banana (strawberries or blueberries optional)

Heat Griddle over medium-high heat.  Combine cornflake crumbs and almonds in a bowl.  Combine egg whites, vanilla extract and cinnamon in  another bowl.  Dip 1 slice of bread in egg batter then coat on both sides with cornflake crust. Repeat with remaining bread slices.  Spread mashed banana on 1 side of 2 pieces of crusted bread, top with remaining 2 bread slices to make 2 sandwiches.  Cook sandwiches on griddle until golden brown, 2 minutes per side.  Cut in half an serve with fresh berries if desired.   

Serves 2.  321 Calories per sandwich, 5 g Fat, 54 g Carbs, 4 g Fiber, 14 g Protein. 

Self Growth: 
Treat yourself!  And I do mean have a TREAT!  Its Friday folks, enjoy something for dessert at lunch or dinner.  Maybe its your Favorite Oatmeal Cookie, Ice Cream, Red Velvet Cake, Sorbet or Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream.  

Dessert never killed anyone and you deserve to treat yourself every now and then.  Just don't go crazy, sit back and ENJOY every bite.  I'm already contemplating what I'm gonna have right now.  My favorite is Ice Cream. What's Yours? 

Until Tomorrow, 

Taj 


photo:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/ulteriorepicure/231555400/sizes/s/in/photostream/

No comments:

Post a Comment