Monday, March 5, 2012

20 Days til SPRING!



Which means we are 20 Days closer to SUMMER - 108 to be exact!  Summer happens to be my favorite season for several reasons:
  • Trees are green
  • Flowers have blossomed 
  • Days are long
  • Weather is hot
Heat = Less Clothes,  Less Clothes = It's time to tighten things up a bit.  

Well at least on my end.  I have to admit I have enjoyed my share of mac n cheese for dinner, burgers, fries and more.  But enough about what I have been putting down this winter it seems some of you have been doing a bit of the same.  Testimonials below: (these are real quotes)
  • "I have been avoiding seeing you until I lost 5 lbs"
  • "Do you see this winter roll right here (pinching belly) can you help me, PLEASE"
  • "So glad to see you, now just sit right down and give me a workout plan NOW"
OK, OK, OK, I hear you so you want a workout plan!  Making changes involves more then just a workout plan we need to tackle our food plan also. How many of you are Ready and Willing to take on My 20 days til Spring Get Tight Plan?

For the next 20 days I want you to follow my steps to help you get things together via eating and working out.  Lets start by assessing how we eating, most of us are eating too much in too little sittings.  For today's tip we are making our very own No Cook Protein Bar to add to our mid day snack.

  • Cooking Spray
  • 1 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
  • 2 scoops chocolate whey protein
  • 2 tbsp flaxseeds
  • 1 cup nonfat powdered milk
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup raisins (other dried fruit maybe used)
Lightly spray a 8 inch square pan with cooking spray
In large bowl mix oatmeal, protein powder, flaxseeds and powdered milk. 
In a separate bowl whisk together peanuter butter water and vanilla.  Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients an stir to from a sticky dough.  Stir or knead in the raisins
Using wet hands or a spatula spread the mixture evenly into the prepared 8 inch pan.  Freeze for 1 hour or refrigerate over night, until mixture us firm enough to cut.  Cut into 9 squares. Wrap or put in a plastic container and store in your fridge to grab on your way out. 

Make the bars today and plan to have one a day as our Afternoon Mid day snack!  Plan for this week is to eat 4 meals- Breakfast, Lunch, Mid Day Snack and Dinner.

See you tomorrow for more! 

Taj 

photo:  courtesy of me- taken in Chang Mai, Thailand.  



No comments:

Post a Comment