Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What's your Favorite Color?


Mine is Purple!  October is BREAST CANER AWARENESS MONTH.  So for the next 30 days I will be wearing something PINK in honor of the many Women and Men who are fighting the fight.  Tonight I had on a PINK tank while I was teaching. 

Why am I wearing PINK everyday? Unfortunately Breast Cancer has had a pretty strong effect in my family, from several Great Aunts to too many Young Cousins.  I am very proud to say thus far I have been Breast Cancer free.  I had my first mammogram at age 25.  

So in honor of my family members & friends some who have passed on, some who are fighting right now and others who have won the battle, I honor you.  I hope that by me wearing PINK I can help to bring awareness and reminders to others to get checked.  

If you are a women over 40 I urge you PLEASE get a mammogram... it could save your life.  

Hats off to the following organizations for also taking a stand to show awareness and support:

NFL
Whole Foods
Self Magazine
Women's Health 
Susan G Komen Foundation

You have 30 days to wear a little PINK and show your support, even if you only do it for one day!  

We have one life and one body to enjoy it in... Take care, be aware and lets Stand Up to Cancer!

Taj

photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwissman/7002131482/sizes/m/


No comments:

Post a Comment